Thursday, December 31, 2009

Another Year Gone By...

A little tradition I follow...I write here on every New Year's Eve :-)

So, here I sit wondering what I want to write about and share with you today - and believe me there isn't much. This is one of those times when one is at loss to find a starting point and when there is too much to say! So much has happened this past year that I don't know where to begin :-)

The good, the bad and the ugly...I have realized that all of these are here and are within us. That has been my biggest realization ever this year. Doesn't make sense? Maybe not and I don't grudge you for it.

This year for me brought with it all that is dear to me - a re-assurance even though distant is all that is needed! Little achievements that matter to this world, a journey into self that has only but opened many more doors has made this year worthwhile.But you know what is the biggest achievement of all? I have learnt to forgive! The struggle, the pain and everything else I went through in the past year have been soothed and washed with this beautiful feeling of forgiveness!Try it. Forgive someone you need to and see the magic it does to you!

The realization that we are but so little is something I will always hold onto going forward...and my biggest take away has been that everything happens for a reason.

And before I get carried away and go deeper into my philosophy - I have to tell you that today happens to be a very special New Year's Eve - A Blue Moon New Year's Eve. This had last occured in the year 1990 and will happen again in the year 2028 (probably?).
And when that happens, where will you be my reader? Think about it :-)

So much done and so much more that remains to be done in the New Year...

I wish you a year that is filled with Peace - the greatest gift of all! Peace within yourself. Run, eat, get more degrees, work harder, party, jump off the planes - do whatever you want, but be happy and learn to hold onto that peace within you! Now don't ask me if I'm happy :-)

Have a wonderful Year!

No comments: