Monday, February 11, 2008

Ten Heads

Further to my previous post on this subject, the pain has really left a scar...we as a family feel it even now...

My little one wants to see this person and keeps asking for him, rather them...and the other weekend, when she said she has to talk to him right now, I had to sit down with her and explain to her that they don't want to talk to us now, because they kind of are not our friends anymore..and that upset her little heart. Mind you, these were friends of the family, and being suddenly in a position where she can't talk to him was very difficult for her to comprehend.

So, she pauses and thinks for a second, and says - "Is he now a bad guy like Ravana(an Indian mythological demon with ten heads who dis-honors Sita in the epic Ramayana) now? " For lack of better answers, I said "Kind of maybe"...

She stops playing with her doll, and with a very serene expression declares -
"Mama, I think God will punish him and he will grow ten heads soon".
I was surprised why she thought he would grow ten heads - and asked her the same. So, her answer was "Mama, that way the other good people will know he is a bad guy by looking at his ten heads, and stay away from him..."

I didn't know what to say...

But like innocence always triumphs...she still wants to see how this person looks now - now that he has turned into a different person we don't know anymore...

That's us - And me?

I'll wait with all my patience in this lifetime to see if this person grows those ten heads! Who knows...

Till then...take care of yourselves and your loved ones...

No comments: